5 Things NOT to do When Staging
Staging a home for sale is the most misunderstood process in home selling. Creating the right atmosphere in the home, one which invites potential buyers to linger is much more than this. When creating the right scene, it’s just as important to know what NOT to when staging the home.
1. Neglecting the Deep Clean – A clean and fresh home is the very first step. If the home smells like last night’s dinner and there is cat hair in the corners, regardless of what else you do, it’s not going to sell.
2. Leaving the Clutter – Of course you’re still living in the home, but it shouldn’t necessarily look like it.
3. Keeping Personal Photos In View – Again, the goals is to create a blank canvass on which the buyers can imagine their own belongings.
4. Bright Colors – You might enjoy the purple wall and orange carpet, but your buyers will find them distracting. Neutral accents are always better.
5. Over Accessorizing – Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Too many candles, throw pillows or furniture will just distract attention.
Consider investing in a professional stager who can help make your home shine.
If you have any questions please give me a call! Remember..
...For anything Real Estate, Call Kate!
Licensed Sales Agent