Lawn Maintenance 101
As Summer begins to bloom and the warm weather returns, thought turns to the outdoors. If your lawn is looking a little brown or dull, now is the time to bring some maintenance and attention so that you can enjoy a lush lawn all summer long.
• Soil Preparation – If your soil is lacking essential nutrients, then anything else you try to do will fail. If you’re unsure about the quality of your soil, there are professionals and do-it-yourself tests which will indicate if you need to add nutrients to your soil.
• Fertilizer – Talk to your local nursery or garden professional to choose the right type of fertilizer. Every part of the country has different needs based on local soil and weather patterns; choosing the right formula for your area is critical to a healthy lawn.
• Water – Understand your water program and adjust your sprinklers for the best results. Lawn care experts say that watering your lawn two times a week for a longer time (about an hour) is better for your lawn then watering every day for only 20 minutes. This allows the water to soak down deep into the roots.
• Mowing – Mowing your lawn is an art form. Keep the blades sharp and never mow more than 1/3 of the grass blade at a time.
• Sod and Seed – If you need to fill in a few bare spots, adding a couple patches of sod is a good method. If your entire lawn could use some help, it might be time to reseed.
Summer is upon us when you and your family want to get out into the yard. Prepare your lawn now for an entire season of beauty with a little care.
If you have any questions please give me a call! Remember..
...For anything Real Estate, Call Kate!
Licensed Sales Agent